Tuesday, April 6, 2010

How many counties in Texas?

I decided that with my ambition of long distance riding and taking a motorcycle all over the country I needed a very tangible goal to get back in the swing of things.

Something that I always wanted to do was visit every county courthouse in Texas. Many people have accomplished this in their own states including fellow Texans. I plan to have a photo taken of me and/or my motorcycle in front of a county courthouse, old or new, in every county seat in Texas.

I have blasted through my home state so many times over the years that it would be worthless to count. Don't get me wrong I have seen a great deal of beauty that Texas has to offer, but I wouldn't dare consider that I have seen 'most' of it. The majority that I have seen has been through a car window as we sped along to some clever and interesting destination either here in Texas or elsewhere on the continent. I believe by taking on this task I will better be able to say, at the end, that yes I have seen a great deal of the Lone Star State. I have a map that I will be posting here along the way so that you all...[sound of crickets chirping]...can dutifully follow along. If you catch this blog before I am done with the County Quest, and feel like you would like to join me for a spell, please contact me. There is enough road out there that I think I can manage to share.

By the way, there are 254.

No comments:

Post a Comment